Client-focused representation starts with listening. I listen to my clients’ needs, goals, and priorities. From there, I educate my clients about the law and process. Because information and knowledge empower a client. Which is especially important when my client feels unheard and powerless. And when a situation feels out of control.
Together, my client and I collaborate as a team. We develop options. We evaluate solutions. We create strategy. All of which are customized to each client and their family. Our team may include the Firm’s supporting associate attorneys, paralegals, and legal assistants, as well as outside experts. Our team approach means that my clients are not left to face their situation alone or unsupported.
As a family-focused attorney since 2002, my practice is dedicated to families and the complex legal challenges they face, for example:
- child custody and parenting legal matters, including child support
- enforcement of agreements and contempt of court orders
- court-appointed representation of children in contested custody and parenting litigation
- domestic violence and intimate partner violence protective order litigation
- marital agreements, whether premarital, prenuptial, reconciliation, or post-nuptial
- cohabitation agreements for unmarried partners
Family focus requires more than just knowledge, skills, and experience. This calls for compassion toward clients and families in crisis. An understanding of the complexity of family legal matters. Plus, a passion for helping to solve and resolve life’s most stressful challenges.
No two families are alike. Customization honors the uniqueness of each client and family. My practice includes a variety of services designed to meet diverse family legal needs, whether:
- Traditional attorney-client representation
- Mediation, as a neutral mediator
- Parent Coordination
- Early Neutral Case Evaluation, as a neutral case assessor and settlement facilitator
- Collaborative law attorney representation for settlement only
- Limited scope representation
Likewise, no two clients are alike. Customized means client-driven representation, no matter how contested or uncontested. From mutual consent settlement, to strategic negotiation, to complex litigation and trial. I listen. We collaborate. I focus. We customize. To advocate for my client’s best interests.
I am licensed to practice law in Maryland. I accept cases around the state, and frequently practice in Montgomery, Howard, Frederick, and Anne Arundel Counties.
I am a Principal at the law firm of Joseph, Greenwald & Laake, PA, which has offices in Rockville and Greenbelt, Maryland.
For more information: