Mediation is settlement process in which a trained neutral third party, the mediator, facilitates the development and exchange of proposals between parties with the goal of a mutually agreeable settlement. A mediator facilitates settlement but does not advise or advocate a participant’s best interests, which is the role of an attorney.
My mediation services can be customized to meet a family’s or client’s unique needs, for example:
- Serving as a neutral mediator, whether attorneys participate or not
- Recommending potential mediators to my clients
- Participating in and advocating for my clients at mediation sessions
- Advising and developing mediation strategy with my clients who participate in mediation on their own
- Drafting and formalizing mediated settlement agreements on behalf of my clients
- Reviewing, advising about, and revising mediator or opposing counsel drafted settlement agreements
Mediation gives a family a voice in and control over the outcome, while maximizing creative problem solving for the benefit of their unique needs.
For more information on this topic & more.….Blog